The YES 2020 Entrepreneurship Program for Young Africans is a 6-month funded intensive entrepreneurship, leadership, and business training that provides early-stage social entrepreneurs of under the age of 30 years, with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create an impact in their local communities.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) program seeks to identify, inspire, and empower 30 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises. The program will also invest a minimum total of $15000 in grant funding to top fellows during the program.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Duration of Award: 6 months
Value of Award:
- LEADERSHIP AND BUSINESS ACUMEN SKILLS: Our hands-on training sessions delivered by experienced facilitators are tailored to help you become a great entrepreneurial leader equipped with skills that are vital in helping your venture grow
- BUILD & GROW YOUR VENTURE: Our practical and real-world sessions by entrepreneurs and facilitators mean you get to apply what you are learning each week to your venture while getting feedback to help you grow and your venture grow.
- ACCESS FUNDING UP TO 15000 USD: During the 6-months program, at least 3 fellows will be selected to receive a minimum of 15,000 USD in total grants, which is a zero-equity funding. Entrepreneurs will also be connected to other funding opportunities available.
- ACCESS NETWORKS, MENTORS & OPPORTUNITIES: As part of the program, you will connect deeper with other social entrepreneurs, mentors and other entrepreneurship ecosystem players, including exclusive opportunities and workshops
- ACCESS 3 MONTHS CO-WORKING SPACE: Participants for the program will enjoy a 3-month membership that will give them full access to work from the YES co-working space so as to grow their ventures. Teams can enjoy this during the program.
- BESPOKE STARTUP SERVICES: Entrepreneurs will have access to startup services such as accounting, legal, sales, talent at a subsidized rate as being part of the program. Teams to also receive follow up investment.
2020 Entrepreneurship Program Eligibility Criteria:
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Program is looking for self-starters, leaders, change makers who are building viable businesses and creating impact in their local communities and beyond. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or making a revenue in the past 6 months.
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from August 2020 to December 2020
- The applicant can commit to do weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early as the applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. APPLY NOW
For more Information Visit the Official Website
Application Deadline: 31st May 2020.