The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, often informally known as the LDS Church or Mormon Church, is a nontrinitarian, Christian restorationist church that considers itself to be the restoration of the original church founded by Jesus Christ.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Type: Temple Facilities Asst 2
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Ensures the temple ordinances are kept pure, recorded accurately and made available to worthy Church members by:
- Providing an environment where patrons may have a positive and uplifting experience each time they come to the temple.
- Maintaining and operating temples at standards established by the First Presidency.
Assists in the entire operation and maintenance of the temple physical facilities and operates, maintains, and repairs mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and equipment assigned by the Temple Facility Manager.
- Sees that all computerized heating and air conditioning equipment and controls operate at maximum efficiency.
- Services complex water treating equipment for boilers and culinary water system and cooling tower systems and conducts water treatment tests to maintain proper Ph, hardness levels, and conductivity.
- Services and repairs laundry equipment.
- Services and repairs all kitchen systems, i.e. dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ice maker, breadmixer, etc. to assure optimum operation.
- Maintains baptismal font filtering and water purification system, water supply, mixer valves, etc. in order to maintain necessary levels of Ph control and chlorine content of water as specified by local codes.
- Maintains electrical system, including the following: (1) heaving industrial high voltage three phase wiring; (2) conventional and electronic motor control system; (3) maintaining and repairing lighting system including 110, 277 volts and three-way 24 volt lighting system.
- Cleans, maintains, and repairs electronic systems including computerized Temple Recording System, adjusting and repair T.V. terminals, printers, all cable lines, and power supplies.
- Service and adjust all projection sound and communication systems.
- Make necessary modifications to any temple mechanical or electrical systems as needed.
- Participates in the preparation of yearly facilities budget process, time-card submission, and FMAT project admin.
- BTech or HND in Mechanical Engineering or CTC, EET, MET Certificate, or apprenticeship in a related field.
- Completion of 2 years of technical training in skilled trade plus 4 years experience in that trade.
- 2 years experience in physical plant operation including experience in skilled trades-electrical, electronics, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting, general construction, blueprint reading, mechanics, and floor coverings.
- Shop organization and inventory management skills.
- Rotates shifts and assignments while learning essential systems.
- Basic computer skills, and licenses as required by law.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should their your application letter and CV.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment Click Here
Application Deadline: 30th June 2020