Copenhagen Business School, The Department of Marketing (MARKTG) invites applications for a vacant PhD scholarship in the field of marketing. The full-time position is part of the research project “The Dark Side of the Sharing Economy”, funded by the Carlsberg Foundation and headed by Associate Professor Tobias Schäfers. Employment is ideally to be taken up in September 2020.
Details about Copenhagen Business School Phd Scholarship in Marketing
Hosting University: Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Degree Level: Ph.D Program
Duration: 3 Years
The specific tasks of the PhD student are:
- Conducting research on negative consequences of the sharing economy, such as customer misbehavior and ownership increases
- Developing theoretical models and empirical research designs for testing them
- Performing research and analyses to collect and compile data for empirical analyses
- Conducting quantitative analyses based on the gathered data
- Collaborating with members of the research group on the individual research projects
- Contributing towards achieving the overall project objectives regarding publication and dissemination of the project results
Worth of Award
The scholarship includes;
- Tuition fees,
- Office space,
- Travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 27.363 up to DKK 33.045 depending on seniority,
- plus a pension contribution totalling 17,1 %
- To be considered, the applicant should have a basic training at a Master’s level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process).
- The applicant must have completed successfully a Master’s degree before commencing the PhD at CBS.
- Also, the applicant must absolutely be fluent in English, both in spoken and written forms.
- An educational background in the social sciences is necessary.
The application must include:
- Cover letter
- Full CV
- Diplomas/degree certificates
- List of any working papers and publications, and one copy of a selected written work (e.g., Master’s thesis).
- List of three referees, with the full contact details including telephone, e-mail, and affiliation (If needed, we will contact these referees for further elaboration)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the electronic recruitment system.
Visit the Official webpage for more details
- A committee of marketing experts will assess the received PhD applications. Special focus will be given to candidates’ methodological skills, their interest in the project topic, and their willingness to conduct excellent research.
Application Closing date: 20 June 2020.