DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship is Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany.
This program is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their professional life. Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political, and economic development of their home country. The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social tensions.
With this program, DAAD intends to support the good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
The program is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries or regions. It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Degree Level: Masters Degree Programs
Scholarship Country: Germany
To be eligible for this scholarship applicants must be applied for a place on;
- Public Policy and Good Governance.
Benefits of DAAD Helmut Schmidt
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected master´s programs at German institutions of higher education listed below.
- The study programs are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
- contributions to health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowance
- study and research subsidy
- monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
- 6-months-German language course from April 2021 up to the end of September 2021. The language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected master´s programs. The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master´s course taught in English.
Due to its blended-learning-concept, the following special conditions are laid down to finance the study program “Analysis and design of social protection systems”:
- During the online semester in your home country or another developing country, DAAD provides a sur-place-rate of 500 EUR.
- Allowances for spouses and/or children are not applicable, as far as the program includes study-phases in Germany and in your home country.
The scholarship holders are offered special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD. Furthermore, scholars are invited to participate in different networking events.
DAAD-scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.
Who Can Apply?
The scholarship program is open to graduates from developing countries in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and public administration.
DAAD selection criteria:
- An academic degree with far above average results (upper third)
- language skills (every university has different language proficiency requirements)
- political and social engagement
- convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in Germany
- expected benefit when returning to the home country or region
The most recent university degree should be obtained in the last six years prior to the application for the scholarship. Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not considered eligible.
- All master´s courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants in any case
Visit the Official Webpage for more information
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 July,2020