FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories. As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities, and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services)
Requisition – 2020200747
Location: Gamboru Ngala, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- The Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services) will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high-quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of integrated medical services at the LGA level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related nutritional and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to nutritional and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents and work plans.
- Sensitize main stakeholders on CMAM and need for support and commitment for long term access to life saving activities for children; at this stage the overall entry/exit strategy can be shared emphasizing the vital role of the stakeholders to make this happen
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Build capacity of Community Health Workers (CHWs) through organized trainings.
- Serve as organization liaison at coordinated external meetings and conferences if assigned.
- Plan and deliver trainings with support capacity building team on CMAM and IYCF
- Develop work plan for OTP, Stabilization Centre and IYCF activities according to the expected progress of the project
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of medical and nutritional management and related developments by assessing the needs of current IDPs and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
Possession of an MPH or postgraduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.