First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services.
Job title: HEAD, BUDGETING & ANALYTICS
Company: First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank)
Requisition ID: 2000003D
Work Locations: NG-LA-HEAD OFFICE
- Coordinate the budgeting process and drive the implementation of the commercial banking group’s budget
- Develop required financial models and approaches to deliver the annual plan & forecasts
- Develop and implement the relevant framework, policies and processes to measure and report the Banking Group’s performance along distinct dimension: customers, segments, products, channels, etc.
- Coordinate the implementation and management of balanced scorecard system
- Monitor performance, viz-a-viz budget on a monthly basis and analyse the bank’s performance against competition and industry
- Provide actionable insights and analytics as may be required to drive and optimize the bank’s performance
- Facilitate periodic performance review sessions (MPR, QPR)
- Drive budgetary control and implement cost optimization initiatives
- Coordinate and maintain account mapping integrity across SBUs
- Manage the MIS (Management Information System) reporting application and planning applications
The candidate must have;
- Sound knowledge of finance, financial & management accounting, budgeting and cost control principles
- Deep knowledge of Banking operations and processes, banking services/products, business processes, and performance management principles.
- Ability to analyze financial and non-financial data, prepare financial performance reports, statements and projections, and be able to understand complex systems
- Experience driving automation of financial reporting and performance measurement systems and proficiency in analytics tools including Microsoft Excel, Power BI etc.
- Excellent strategic thinking, organization, coordination, problem-solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools for presentation.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality outputs within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Passion and drive for process design, implementation, and improvements
- Experience and skills for change management and stakeholder engagement
Qualifications Education & Certifications
- First Degree in Accounting or Finance related programs with at least second class lower division.
- Master’s Degree/Professional certification in Accounting or Finance.
- Other degree programs will be considered, if the candidate has master’s Degree/Professional certification in Accounting or Finance.
- Candidate must have 12-15 years industry experience in management information system and decision support, budgeting and budgetary control, scorecard development and management, competitive benchmarking, and business analytics.
- At least 5 years must have been in a management role. Experience in business advisory or professional Finance/Accounting would be beneficial.
- Experience in consulting with major projects will be an advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidates that would like to apply, click here
Visit Official Website for more update