The Global Peace Photo Award recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world and the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful coexistence.
Photographische Gesellschaft (PHG) and Edition Lammerhuber, in partnership with UNESCO, the Austrian Parliament, the Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, the International Press Institute (IPI) and the World Press Photo Foundation invites application for the Global Peace Photo Award in 2020.
The Alfred Fried Photography Award will be held under the new name Global Peace Photo Award, inspired by 1911 Nobel Peace Laureates Alfred Fried and Tobias Asser.
Worth of Award
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal. The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000.
- The winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on 17 September 2020.
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders.
- Photographs that are part of reportage on a topic must not be manipulated in a way that changes the meaning of the picture.
- For other entries, they accept digitally edited images and photomontages if they serve to explore a theme creatively.
- All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images.
- You may enter several photographs as individual submissions without an overall theme. Or you can submit up to 20 photographs as one story.
- The photographs must not be older than three years at the time when the call for entry opens.
How to Apply
- You upload your entry as a .jpg file or files.
- You can make changes to your entries or delete them at any time prior to the deadline.
- You need to finalize and submit your entry before the entry deadline.
- you may submit as many entries as you wish.
Deadline: They accept entries to the Alfred Fried Photography Award until May 24, 2020.
Best of luck with the application! – SchoolNewsPortal