Ian Parry Scholarship is an International photographic competition for young photographers who are either enrolled on a full-time recognised photographic course. or are under 24 years.
The scholarship is to find and support the very best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a ‘selfie’ obsessed world.
Categories: This years Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories:
- The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and
- The Canon Award for Potential.
Ian Perry Scholarship Benefits:
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London.
- Mentorship Programme, they offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential. The 2020 mentor is highly respected photojournalist Jon Jones.
- Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
Ian Perry Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Open to young photographers who are either enrolled on a full-time recognized photographic course
- Applicants should be under 24 years.
The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
How to Apply
Your application should contain the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
- A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
- A project proposal telling us how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would enable you to start a new photographic project.
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Extended captions for each image as a word document.
Application Deadline: July 5, 2020
For further information about the scholarship, interviews, and images please contact [email protected]