IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure, or tower operators in the world by tower count with over 28,000 towers across nine countries. Founded in 2001, IHS Towers provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Additionally, IHS oversees all aspects of telecommunication network construction; ranging from site acquisition and design, equipment supply, installation, integration and testing.
IHS Towers is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title– Senior Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Rey Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide business advisory support which aligns with licence and regulatory obligations to various internal functions with a view to mitigating risks and creating/ advancing business development opportunity.
- Develop submissions and position papers which articulate the business position in response to emerging and current regulatory/ public policy trends.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships across various staff cadres of relevant regulatory agencies and other key stakeholders in the telecommunications industry.
- Prepare various periodic reports for the purpose of providing executive management, Group and the Board with updates on key regulatory/ public policy developments.
- Draft responses to a broad spectrum of regulatory correspondence (e.g. customer complaints, network/ subscriber or other corporate information requests, etc) with a view to achieving compliance with stated timelines (nil or minimal incidence of exceptions).
- Monitor print and electronic media for the purpose of advising the team/ business of key public policy/ regulatory developments bordering on ICT/ telecoms, emerging technology. Digital and financial inclusion, etc.
- Continuously develop personal capacity, knowledge and skills with a view to becoming a thought leader in a versatile and evolving landscape.
- Design, coordinate and manage processes to achieve internal compliance with regulatory prescriptions.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and functions in line with the company’s core values.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Industry Knowledge
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance
- Research Orientation
- Customer Ecosystem
- Public Policy
- Business Communication
- Stakeholder Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Initiative/ Judgement
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Engineering, Humanities, or Social Sciences.
- Advanced commerce/law-focused degree and/ or MBA will be an asset.
- +7 years’ relevant work experience.
- Proven expertise in research and analysis using variety of MS Office tools, including Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic sector.
- Must have in-depth understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework.
- Must be positively disposed to seeking knowledge and advancing novel ideas/ thought.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and issues of public policy and regulation.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should Click here to Apply. Please apply with an updated resume/ CV.
Visit the Official Website for more information
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29th May, 2020