MUTA Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program, 2024-2025 – The MUTA Education Scholarship Program for the 2024 – 2025 academic year is now open for applications. This scholarship, provided by MUTA Education, is aimed at supporting full-time undergraduate students pursuing degrees in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), medicine, and allied medical programs across Nigerian universities.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Field of Study: Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate program related to STEM, medicine, or any allied medical field.
– Academic Performance: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5.0 scale (equivalent to second class upper degree) or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
– Number of Scholarships: Up to 16 scholarships will be awarded for the 2024 – 2025 academic year.
– Award Amount: Each recipient will receive N50,000.00. The scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the recipient’s account and can be used for tuition, fees, research, or other expenses directly related to undergraduate study.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must complete the online application form available on the official MUTA Education website. All required supporting documents must be securely uploaded through the online portal. The application process is designed to be streamlined and user-friendly, ensuring efficient submission and review.
Required Supporting Documents
In addition to the application form, applicants must submit the following documents:
– Personal Statement: A 2-page, double-spaced personal statement explaining why they deserve the scholarship. This statement should include academic history, accomplishments, community service, career goals, and financial needs.
– Declaration: A declaration stating that the candidate does not and shall not belong to or participate in any cult or related organizations activities on or off campus.
– Certificate of Origin: Certificate of State or Local Government origin.
– Academic Certification: A signed letter from the institution’s Academic Officer or the appropriate Head of Department certifying the candidate’s CGPA.
Applications that meet the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the committee based on the following criteria:
– CGPA: 60%
– Quality of Personal Statement: 40%
Application Deadline and Notification
Completed application forms and all required supporting documents must be received by the Committee on or before 5 PM, Friday, April 15, 2024 [US EST (GMT-5)]. Award winners will be notified by email. Applicants not selected for the award will not be contacted.
Announcement and Ceremony
Scholarship recipients will be announced on Radio Benue and posted online at www.muta.org by June 5, 2024. The Committee encourages all applicants to check online for the status of their application on this date. Awards will be presented at an award ceremony scheduled for July or August 2024. The exact date will be announced once arrangements are concluded.
For all scholarship-related inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Applicants failing to meet the minimum CGPA requirement, regardless of being the highest CGPA holder in their local government, will not be considered.
2. Applications found to have falsified information will be excluded from consideration.
We encourage eligible students to apply and wish all applicants the best of luck in their academic endeavors.