The National Open University of Nigeria, (NOUN) Management board has announced through their Director of Media and Publicity, NOUN Mr Ibrahim Sheme, on Thursday 23rd, 2020 that its registration portal would remain open in spite of the lockdown occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic until new entrants complete their admission procedures.
Mr Ibrahim Sheme, stated that the university’s portal remained open contrary to reports in the social media that it had been shut. The Director of Media and Publicity disowns negative reports peddled by some “idle minds” aimed at to hamper efforts by students and candidates to complete their registration.
The portal of the university remains open; however, management wishes to indicate that students and candidates seeking admission will definitely encounter a hitch in the second leg of registration process which has nothing to do with the university portal.
However, students should take note that if one has not been able to complete one’s registration in this semester, he or she can do so in the next semester.
The university management urged NOUN students to strictly adhere to the stay-at-home order and other safety protocols in order to curtail the spread of the virus and also stay alive to continue with their educational pursuits after lockdown.
Available Programmes at National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN
Admission into the following programmes which are listed and mentioned below;
- Post Graduate Diploma,
- Masters Degree, and
- Doctor of Philosophy Programmes-
For the full details on the PROGRAMMES Offer at NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, CLICK HERE
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO NOUN
- The first step is to visit the NOUN admission registration site at www.nouonline.net.
- On the site’s Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, and click on Apply for Admission
- You are required to either choose Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programmes are not available for new students yet.
- Next, you need to “Choose Faculty” (take note that this option can be found at the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select “Faculty”.
- Then proceed and fill the displayed form with your correct details.
- Click below to view the admission criteria.
- Next, you are required to click on the “Apply” button to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed on your screen.
- Click on the “Continue” button to continue with your registration.
- Proceed and select “Bank Branch” as your payment type.
- Click “Pay”.
- You will be shown an RRR number. Simply copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
AFTER MAKING A SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT.
- Simply go through step 1 to 3 from the above guide.
- Then click on the “Continue After Payment”.
- Here, you will be required to type in your Unique ID, RRR number and Programme.
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill the form with the correct required details. Note: all fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
AFTER FILLING THE REGISTRATION FORM.
- Click on the “Submit” button to submit the form.
- Next, you should proceed and Print Admission Letter.
- Visit the nearest NOUN study centre for screening.
HOW TO APPLY FOR 2020 NOUN ADMISSION (E-APPLICATION)
There are two steps in completing registration at NOUN
All applying applicants should be informed that applying for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria is done online and offline, depending on your preference.
- The first is the one on the university portal and
- the second is the one at the study centre of one’s choice
The admission is electronic and operates twenty-four (24) hours a day, that means, you can register for the National Open University anytime and anywhere.
Whilst the first can be successfully done from any location, a student or candidate for admission is required to go to his or her chosen study centre to complete the registration.