Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa, (UNIZIK) School of Postgraduate Studies is now selling forms for admission into its full-time and part-time Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session. See below the courses available, requirements and how to obtain UNIZIK postgraduate form.
The Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK) school of postgraduate studies invites application from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under listed Postgraduate Programmes for the 2019/2020 academic Session. UNIZIK postgraduate programmes are run on Full-time and part-time bases.
The following may apply for admission into the UNIZIK Postgraduate Diploma
1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold the first-degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
2. Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
The following may apply for admission into UNIZIK Masters Programmes:
1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
2. Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
Graduates from approved universities
Minimum General Requirements
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TCII(Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PDG);
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters
Masters Degree Programmes (MSC);
Full-Time Masters Degree
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme
Full-time Ph.D. programmes last for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. Part-time programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters.
How to Apply for Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) Postgraduate Admission
Application form should be completed online by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
1. Click on “create account” to create a new account.
2. Fill the form and click on “submit”.
3. An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed. Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the login page.
4. Enter your username and password and click on “
5. Follow the instructions on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
6. Click on step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the Remita for the ICT fee of N1000.
7. Click on step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) number for the application fee (N10,000).
8. Take the RRR to any bank of your choice of payment of Application and ICT fee
- Confirm Payment
1. Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT fee in the RRR textbox and click on “confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the application fee in the RRR textbox and click “confirm”.
2. Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
3. Click on step four. Fill and submit the online completed application form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’Level certificates.
- Print Out
Print out the completed application form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
- Download/print Transcript Form
Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
- Details for Application
Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
Sale of forms ends on 31st
Submission of forms ends on 7th
Transcripts should be forwarded to the secretary, school of postgraduate studies not later than 5th
Ph.D. applicants in submitting their
forms,shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include;
1. Topic (not more than 18 words)
backgroundof the study
3. Aim and Objectives/Purpose
5. Expected Outcomes
N.B.: Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the School of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.
All applicants will be invited for a computer-based Screening Test from 20th -24th January 2020. Ph.D. applicants will in addition to the screening test, undergo Proposal Defence from 20th – 24th January 2020.
For further information, contact email@example.com.
For related post and updates check here