OAU Courses and Admission Requirements | List of All The Courses offered at Obafemi Awolowo University.
OAU Courses and Requirement…OAU, OAU Accredited Courses and Requirement | OAU List of available Undergraduate Courses / Programmes Offered at the Institution and approved by NUC – See more details below;
The under-listed courses are currently offered in Obafemi Awolowo University. The courses are categorized according to their respective faculties for the sake of clarity. You are therefore advised to meticulously go through the list below.
However, it must be stated here that the accuracy of the below list of courses offered in Obafemi Awolowo University can only be guaranteed up to the point of the publication of this post. In other words, a change might have been made to the list of courses offered in Obafemi Awolowo University. Hence you are hereby advised to use the comment box below to confirm from the Admin if the course you are interested in has been added or removed from the list.
- 1 A Brief History Of OAU
- 2 Official List of courses offered in Obafemi Awolowo University
- 3 OAU Admission Requirements 2020/2021
- 4 We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
- 5 Most Related Posts:
A Brief History Of OAU
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife is one of three Universities established in Nigeria between 1961 and 1962 as a result of the report submitted to the Federal Government in September, 1960, by a Commission it appointed in April 1959 under the Chairmanship of Sir Eric Ashby, Master of Clare College, Cambridge, to survey the needs of post-secondary and higher education in Nigeria over the next twenty years. On 8th June, 1961 the Law providing for the establishment of the Provisional Council of the University was formally inaugurated under the Chairmanship of Chief Rotimi Williams.
On 11th June, 1970, an Edict known as the University of Ife edict, 1970 was promulgated by the Government of the Western State to replace the Provisional Council Law of 8th June, 1961. This Edict has since been amended by the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (Amended) Edict No. 112 of 1975 (Transitional Provisions) Decree No.
23 of 1975. This new Decree effected a takeover of the Obafemi Awolowo University by the Federal Military Government and established a Provisional Council as an interim governing body of the University which shall subject to the general direction of the Head of the Federal Government, control the policies and finances of the University and manage its affairs. This Provisional Council has since been replaced by a Governing Council.
Official List of courses offered in Obafemi Awolowo University
Courses / Departments in OAU
- » Accountancy / Accounting
- » Agricultural Economics
- » Agricultural Engineering
- » Animal Science
- » Applied Geophysics
- » Architecture
- » Biochemistry
- » Botany
- » Building
- » Chemical Engineering
- » Chemistry
- » Civil Engineering
- » Computer Engineering
- » Computer Science
- » Computer Science with (Economics) (Mathematics)
- » Crop Production And Protection
- » Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- » Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
- » Economics
- » Education and Biology
- » Education and Chemistry
- » Education and Economics
- » Education and English Language
- » Education and Fine and Applied Arts
- » Education and French
- » Education and Geography / Physics
- » Education and Integrated Science
- » Education and Language Arts
- » Education and Mathematics
- » Education and Music
- » Education and Physics
- » Education and Political Science
- » Education and Religious Studies
- » Education and Social Studies
- » Education and Yoruba
- » Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- » Engineering Physics
- » English Language
- » Estate Management
- » Family, Nutrition and Consumer Sciences
- » Fine Art
- » Food Science and Technology
- » French
- » Geography
- » Geology
- » German
- » Guidance and Counseling
- » Health Education
- » History
- » Home Economics and Education
- » Hospitality And Tourism Management
- » Industrial Chemistry
- » Information Resource Management
- » International Relations
- » Law
- » Linguistics and African Languages
- » Literature in English
- » Mathematics
- » Mechanical Engineering
- » Medical Rehabilitation
- » Medicine and Surgery
- » Metallurgical and Material Engineering
- » Microbiology
- » Music
- » Nursing / Nursing Science
- » Nutrition And Consumer Services
- » Pharmacy
- » Philosophy
- » Physical and Health Education
- » Physics
- » Political Science
- » Portuguese
- » Psychology
- » Quantity Surveying
- » Religious Studies
- » Sociology and Anthropology
- » Soil Science
- » Statistics
- » Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- » Urban and Regional Planning
- » Yoruba
- » Zoology
Recommended For You:
OAU Admission Requirements 2020/2021
The minimum entry requirements to the first year is a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent) with Credit passes in at least five subjects chosen from a list approved from time to time by Senate provided that in each case all the five subjects are taken and passed at not more than two sittings.
- One of the passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in English Language.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about OAU Courses and Requirement kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article OAU Courses and Requirement helpful and useful?
If this article on OAU Courses and Requirement has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at email@example.com to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.