Peter Drucker Challenge Award 2020 is open for young professionals Nationwide to participate in Leadership and Critical Thinking essay competition.
Peter Drucker Society Europe (PDSE) invites applications for the Peter Drucker Challenge Award 2020 in Austria open to students and young professionals from all around the world.
Peter Drucker Society Europe (PDSE) the organizer is a non-political, independent, nonprofit association, established in Vienna in 2010.
The aim is to keep the human-oriented management philosophy of Peter Drucker alive in the minds of the young generation and to Provide info-session opportunities for interested contest participants.
LEADERSHIP AND CRITICAL THINKING
How to foster critical thinking skills in critical times?
What makes someone an effective leader? For one thing, people look for leadership from those they trust to exercise good judgment. Not every decision can be simply data-driven; many involve difficult tradeoffs among competing priorities or calls that must be made based on limited information (as in making plans for the future). Great leaders are able to objectively analyze these complex and often politicized situations and arrive at their own conclusions. They have a high capacity, in other words, for critical thinking.
Your essay should offer a point of view on whether the emerging generation of leaders is being sufficiently prepared to exercise the critical thinking required of them. What conditions of the twenty-first century are making this more difficult—or in what ways is critical thinking better supported than in the past?
Showcasing your own powers of independent thought, your essay might address matters such as the following:
How can one discern truth in the jungle of rumour, media, social media posts, websites, analytics, statistics, influencers, etc.?
How do you develop, expand, retain critical thinking skills in yourself?
What actions would you recommend to cultivate more critical thinking—whether at the level of the individual, the team, across society or cultures?
How can we benefit from cultural differences in thinking styles-for example, between East and West?
What lessons have you learned from observing leaders who have exercised good (or bad!) judgment?
Worth of Award
- You can win a € 1.500 prize, reimbursement of your travel and accommodation costs to attend the Drucker Forum in Vienna, Austria, and a 1-year all access subscription to the Harvard Business Review, depending on how your essay places.
- You must be 18-35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
- You must have been selected no more than once (or not at all) among the top 10 since 2010
Essay category requirements
You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or a professional
(please mention your main occupation in the submission form)
- You are a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or PhD) or you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your last degree
You are a
- manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes
- an entrepreneur or business owner
- licensed professional
- social volunteer or community leader
How to Apply
- Apply only via their website, click the link below
- If you encounter problems during the upload, please send your file and above information firstname.lastname@example.org. For Declaration of Interest Click
Application Deadline: May 24, 2020.