Rutgers Academic Calendar 2022-2023
Rutgers Academic Calendar – See the official Rutgers University academic calendar showing important dates, academic events, and deadlines.
Here is the 2022-2023 Rutgers Academic Calendar. All dates found in the calendar are subject to change without notice. Students enrolled in Rutgers University School of Business-Camden PMBA, and PMAC Programs should consult with their Program Coordinators regarding the Academic Calendar.
Except where otherwise noted, classes will be held on holidays. Please visit the Rutgers University-Camden Home Page for announcements regarding closures or scheduling changes due to weather or other emergencies.
These schools use the Rutgers Academic Calendar.
- Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
- Mason Gross School of the Arts
- Rutgers Business School–Newark and New Brunswick – Undergraduates
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Engineering
- School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
- School of Management and Labor Relations
- School of Social Work – BASW, DSW, and Ph.D. Programs
These programs and schools make use their own or special Calendars
- Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology
- Graduate School of Education
- Rutgers Business School–Newark and New Brunswick – MBA Program
- School of Communication and Information
- School of Graduate Studies – NJMS MD/ Ph.D. Programs only
- School of Social Work – MSW Program
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the 2022-2023 Academic Calendar for Rutgers University.
Rutgers Academic Calendar: Fall Session 2022-2023
Check out the Rutgers academic calendar for fall 2022 for important dates and deadlines.
- Registration for Fall Term Classes starts on April 4, 2022.
- The first-year and transfer students at Rutgers will move in on Thursday, September 1, 2022, and will leave on Friday, September 2, 2022. First-Year and Transfer Move-In is 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., with New Student Convocation at 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 3, 2022 to Sunday, September 4, 2022 is the date for returning students to move in.
- On the Rutgers academic calendar 2022-2023, Labor Day is on Monday, September 5, 2022.
- The Fall Semester at Rutgers begins on Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
- The deadline to DROP a class with a W grade is September 15, 2022.
- The deadline to ADD classes is September 15, 2022.
- The deadline for completing Incomplete grades from the summer before they are converted to “F” grades is Thursday, September 15, 2022.
- The deadline to withdraw from all courses for a full refund is Monday, September 19, 2022.
- The deadline to WITHDRAW from all classes and receive a tuition refund is Monday, October 31, 2022.
- The deadline to withdraw from a single class with a “W” grade is Monday, November 8, 2022.
- The last day to WITHDRAW from university (all classes with a “W”) is Monday, November 21, 2022.
- Thanksgiving is on Thursday, November 24, 2022, and ends on Sunday, November 27, 2022.
- Regular classes end on December 14, 2022.
- Thursday, December 15, 2022 is Reading Day.
- The final exam period runs from Friday, December 16 to Thursday, December 22.
- Rutgers’ Winter Break 2022 will occur between Saturday, December 24, 2022 and Monday, January 2, 2023. There are no classes. All University offices have been closed.
Rutgers Academic Calendar: Winter Session 2023-2024
Check out the Rutgers academic calendar for winter 2022 for important dates and deadlines.
- Winter Session registration opens on Monday, October 10, 2022.
- Winter Session Registration and bill payment deadline without incurring a late fee is December 5, 2022.
- The Winter Session late registration period begins on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, with a $125 late fee.
- The last day to DROP a Winter Class and receive a 100% refund is Thursday, December 22, 2022, and the last day to ADD a class (Late Registration) is Thursday, December 22, 2022.
- The Winter Session will begin on Friday, December 23, 2022. (except Maths classes designated as 50:640).
- Diploma applications for May graduation are accepted from Monday, January 2, 2023 to Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
- Winter classes resume on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, following the winter break.
- The deadline to WITHDRAW with a 50% refund is Wednesday, January 4, 2023.
- The deadline to withdraw from a class with a W grade is Friday, January 6, 2023. The deadline is 5:00 p.m.
- According to the Rutgers academic calendar 2022-2023, snow make-up days (if necessary) are Saturday, January 7 2023 and Saturday, January 14 2023.
- The Winter Session will conclude on Friday, January 13, 2023.
- Instructors’ winter grades are due on Friday, January 20, 2023.
- Rutgers Academic Calendar: Spring Session 2023-2024
- Rutgers’ Spring Semester runs from Tuesday, January 17, 2023, to Wednesday, May 10, 2023. Check out the Rutgers academic calendar for Spring 2023 for important dates and deadlines.
- Spring Term registration begins on Monday, November 7, 2022.
- Monday, January 2, 2023 to Wednesday, March 1, 2023 is the diploma application period for May graduation.
- On the Rutgers academic calendar for 2022-2023, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday is celebrated or observed on Monday, January 16, 2023.
- The date of diploma conferral for January graduates is Monday, January 16, 2023.
- The Spring 2023 semester begins on January 17, 2023.
- The deadline for adding a class is Thursday, January 26, 2023.
- The deadline to DROP a class with a “W” grade is Thursday, January 26, 2023.
- Monday, January 30, 2023 is the last day to DROP ALL CLASSES and receive a FULL REFUND. Changes are possible.
- Undergraduates have until Wednesday, February 1, 2023 to complete Incomplete grades from the previous fall or winter before they are converted to “F” grades.
- The diploma application period for May graduation concludes on March 1, 2023.
- Rutgers Spring Break 2023 runs from Saturday, March 11 to Sunday, March 19 of that year.
- The deadline to withdraw from ALL classes and receive a tuition refund is Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
- The deadline to WITHDRAW from a W-graded class is Monday, April 3, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- The deadline to WITHDRAW from the entire Spring term is Monday, April 17, 2023. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m.
- After 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 1, 2023, all fall “TZ” and “NG” grades are automatically converted to “F.”
- Regular Spring 2023 classes end on Monday, May 1, 2023.
- Reading Days will be held on Tuesday, May 2, 2023 and Wednesday, May 3, 2023.
- The final exam period will run from Thursday, May 4 to Wednesday, May 10 2023.
- May graduates’ degree conferral date is Sunday, May 14, 2023.
- Commencement and Convocation Ceremonies at Rutgers University-Camden TBD
- The Memorial Day holiday falls on Monday, May 29, 2023.
- Undergraduates have until Thursday, June 1, 2023 to complete Incomplete grades from the spring before they are converted to “F” grades.