SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But SC Johnson only succeeds with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title– HEAD OF SALES – TRADITIONAL TRADE
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
We are looking for an experienced National Sales Manager to join our team in Nigeria covering Traditional Trade. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the purpose of this position is to lead the Nigeria SC Johnson and Distributor Sales organization to deliver the business Net Sales, Market Share and Profitability targets. The Head of Sales – Traditional Trade will need to work closely with Nigeria Customer Marketing Manager, Sales Operations, Modern Trade and Supply Chain teams to execute customer programs in local market and work with Cluster Lead team members in Marketing, FP & A and Demand Planning to ensure country priorities are achieved.
- Achieve Net Sales and Profit targets as per budget for Traditional Trade in Nigeria.
- Lead Traditional Trade Sales associates and Distributor sales organisation to achieve In Market Sales targets as per country plan
- Grow Nigeria Pest Control Market Share and Weighted Distribution targets as per budget
- Ensure development, implementation and tracking of Joint Business Plans with all Traditional Trade Distributors
- Effective management of SCJ Traditional Trade personnel in the achievement of set Business Objectives including guidance and coaching of department personnel in order to achieve set objectives and identify and resolves any issues that may arise (with the assistance of the Country Manager, if necessary)
- Ensure normal day to day traditional trade activities are actioned on time: Price Increases, FOCO, Promotional Activity, Reviews etc.)
- Ensure all business relationships with distributors are managed through updated SC J contracts
- Attend monthly Demand Meetings in order to ensure accurate volumes (by Distributor), are incorporated into the S&OP/Demand Forecasting process
- In collaboration with Sales Operations, Determine, Control and Manage trade spending for Traditional trade as per agreed country budget.
- Implement price strategy as defined by SCJ as per expected timelines. Provide Fact based feedback on yearly price increase before and after implementation
- Execute FOCO activities, Promotional activities and Trade programs as per guidelines in Traditional Trade. Conduct Post implementation reviews
- Prepare and conduct Monthly Distributor reviews and identify and implement corrective actions or business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree level education with MBA
- 5-7 years sales experience in a global FMCG company
- Clear understanding of Trade Channels in Nigeria and knowledge of the categories, pertinent key customers, and key competitive set. Good knowledge, understanding and practice of DP scheme/modern route market and brand visibility in trade and instore.
- Experience of managing a team of Regional Sales Managers is essential and experience and ability to work across Countries/Regions and confidently work with senior stakeholders is crucial
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management experience – fluency in English is a must.
- Results orientated and able to work independently and to strict deadlines with a sense of ownership, drive and can-do attitude.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Click here to Apply
Visit the Official Website for more information
Application Deadline: Not Specified.