Schwarzman Scholars Program is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century, designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon an understanding China’s of role in global trends.
Every year, up to 200 Schwarzman Scholars will represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential — a network of leaders who will serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
Schwarzman Scholars Program Benefits
Schwarzman Scholars program provides entire funding for the qualified candidates which includes:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- Also, a stipend of $4,000 for personal expense
Eligibility criteria for Schwarzman Scholarship Program
The Schwarzman Scholarship program is open to the candidate from all over the world. Moreover, to become eligible the candidates must:
- Applicants must possess an Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent. Moreover, current undergraduate students must well be on their way to competing for their degree before August 1, 2020.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher. Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
Schwarzman Scholarship Application
Schwarzman Scholarship application is an online process. The candidates will require to provide the following documentation along with the scholarship application.
- Online application
- Resume (2-page maximum)
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Essays (2)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video (optional)
How to Apply for Schwarzman Scholars Program 2020
Interested candidates may apply for the Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University through the Online Application portal. The applicants must register an account Click here and fill up the form. The candidates must also provide the required documentation.
Application for the Schwarzman Scholars program closes at 11:59 PM EDT on Tuesday, September 22, 2020