The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents is launched for the training and cultivation of young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship provides young students/scholars who are non-Chinese citizens an opportunity to pursue postgraduate education at the colleges or schools of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of CAS around China. It consists of 2 programs: the master program and the PhD program.
Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) was initiated and established by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and other 36 scientific institutes as well as international organizations worldwide. ANSO was founded to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication. According to the ANSO Strategic Plan, the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents.
Course Level: The Master program and the PhD program
Award: Fully Funded
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: 200 master students and 300 PhD students from all over the world
Nationality: All countries exception of Chinese citizen
The award can be taken in; China
Scholarship Benefits: Applicants will be entitled to benefits the following;
- Application fee waiver
- Tuition Fee
- Health Insurance
- Travel subsidy from their home countries to China
- Monthly stipend of RMB 3000 for master awardees, while PhD awardees will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 6000 or RMB 7000
Eligibility Criteria; Applicants must:
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Provide proof of proficiency of English or Chinese language;
- For master program applicants: be maximum age of 30 years on 31 December 2020;
- For PhD program applicants: be maximum age of 35 years on 31 December 2020;
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship
In order to successfully apply for the ANSO Scholarship, applicants are requested to follow a few key steps that are indicated below:
Step 1: Register a new account by using the online application system.
Step 2: Fill up your personal information to register. The E-mail must be valid in order to receive messages from our system.
Step 3: Login to your E-mail inbox, and then activate your account.
Step 4: Go back to our homepage, then login to your account. Then, you can fill up your personal Information and send your application to us.
Step 5: Keep in check with your status and wait for the messages you may receive from us.
Step 6: Only if you have filled up all the information, then you can submit your application. Then keep in check with your application status and patiently wait for our reply.
1) Copy of your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed);
2) Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
3) Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held
- For master program applicants: Bachelor’s degree certificate. Applicants having just completed or about to complete their Bachelor degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating their expected graduation date;
- For PhD program applicants: both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates; Applicants having just completed or about to complete their degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
4) Original copy of transcripts of
- For master program applicants: undergraduate education;
- For PhD program applicants: both undergraduate and post-graduate education.
5) TWO reference letters: You must ask two referees (NOT the host supervisor) from academia familiar with you and your work to upload their scanned reference letters (written in English or Chinese, signed, dated and on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address) to the online admission system of USTC/UCAS.
Reference letters in the body of e-mails will NOT be accepted!
6) Detailed research proposal;
7) Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers (if available);
8) Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
9) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment 1)
Visit ANSO official website for the ANSO Scholarship online application system. Please create your own account, and fill in the basic information
Application Deadline: 30th April 2020.