Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020 and How To Apply.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020…This Programme will enlighten you on Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020, here you will find the application guide and requirements as well. See the complete details below.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is the flagship entrepreneurship programme of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, founded by the entrepreneur, respected investor and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu.
Applications are hereby invited for: 2020 The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (2,000 Entrepreneurs and Counting) – 4th Cycle
- 1 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Forum
- 2 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020-Description
- 3 How To Apply For Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020
- 4 What the TEF judges want to see in your application
- 5 What entrepreneurs stand to gain
- 6 We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
- 7 Most Related Posts:
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Forum
Every year, African entrepreneurs gather for TEF Entrepreneurship Forum. The forum is an opportunity for the entrepreneurs across the continent to network and share ideas, and also connect with private and public sector leaders in one location to tackle entrepreneurship challenges on the continent.
The fifth edition held in Abuja, the Nigerian capital on 26&27 July 2019 and had in attendance Nigeria’s Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo; Nigeria’s First Lady, Aisha Buhari; President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Felix Tshisekedi; President of Rwanda Paul Kagame; Macky Sall, President of Senegal; Ruhakana Rugunda, Prime Minister of Uganda; Director-General, World Health Organisation, Tedros Ghebreyesus; and President, African Development Bank, Akinwunmi Adesina, among others.
In 2018, for the first time, the TEF Entrepreneurship Forum was held in a day with 2 presidents, President of Kenya, H.E Uhuru Kenyata and President of Ghana, H.E Nana Akufo-Addo in an interactive panel with Tony O. Elumelu. At the Forum, the Foundation launched the TEFConnect, an online platform for global entrepreneurs.
Guest speakers in the past forums include: Ernest Bai Koroma, former President of Sierra Leone, Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of Nigeria; Lionel Zinsou, Prime Minister of Benin Republic and Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, Angelica Nwandu, Founder of The Shade Room, Governor of Kaduna State, Nigeria; Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde; media mogul, Mo Abudu; personal finance expert, Nimi Akinkugbe; Bank of Industry CEO, Rasheed Olaoluwa; Arunma Oteh, Vice-President and Treasurer of the World Bank; amongst others. The Forum is set up to further encourage and inspire the entrepreneurs who represent every region in Africa and across multiple sectors. The forum is known to be the largest gathering of African entrepreneurs.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020-Description
Africa’s largest business incubator, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), is now accepting applications from African entrepreneurs, with business ideas that can transform Africa.
Successful applicants will join the third cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, TEF’s 10-year, $100 million commitment to train, mentor and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs in every African country by 2024. Since inception in 2015, the Programme has assisted nearly 2,000 entrepreneurs and created hundreds of jobs across the continent.
The Programme provides critical tools for entrepreneurial success, including:
- Training:12 weeks of intensive training on setting-up and managing businesses
- Mentoring: A mentor will guide successful applicants in creating a robust business plan
- Seed Capital: $5,000 in non-returnable seed capital and access to a $5,000 convertible loan
TEF Founder, serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu, CON said:
- “Our Programme is a deliberate effort to institutionalise luck and provide the essentials for business growth to Africa’s next generation of business leaders. It is a demonstration of my faith in this generation’s ability to transform the African narrative, from the single story of disease and poverty, to one of enterprise and opportunity. Spread the word; we need Africa’s best and brightest entrepreneurs. Their ideas will transform Africa.”
- 1,000 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the viability of their idea, including: market opportunity; financial understanding; scalability; and leadership and entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in the application.
To be Eligible:
- Business must be based in Africa
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
- Business must be for profit
- Business must be 0-3 years’ old
CEO of the Foundation, Parminder Vir OBE said:
- “We encourage women, French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers and business ideas from every region across Africa, to apply. Our 2,000 alumni are already growing their businesses and improving lives. If you have a transformational business or an idea, we have an opportunity for you.”
Application Closes on 1st March,
How To Apply For Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2020
You must have a business idea or a startup under 3 years of existence in any sector and any country across Africa.
All applications must be submitted ONLINE through the APPLICATION PORTAL. You must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions and uploading additional documents and identification materials. After submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt within 1 working day.
What the TEF judges want to see in your application
Applications will be judged based on criteria including feasibility, scalability, and potential for growth of the product/service; market opportunity for the idea/business; financial understanding, leadership potential, and entrepreneurial skills.
What entrepreneurs stand to gain
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
The application portal opens today, January 1 and closes midnight, March 1, 2020.
Fill the application form HERE on TEFConnect.com.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time kindly provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article helpful and useful?
If this article has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at email@example.com to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.