Undergraduate Sanctuary Scholarship -This remarkable opportunity will award three outstanding students with a generous £1,000 per year contribution towards living costs, as well as a full 100% fee waiver for a wide range of eligible full-time Undergraduate courses, beginning in September 2020 at Northumbria University, UK.
Northumbria University is thrilled to announce the continuation of the Asylum Seekers Sanctuary Scholarship, for those seeking asylum in the UK.
Eligible Group: All Countries
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Number of Awards: Varies
To be taken at: Asylum, UK.
Duration of Award: Maximum of three years
- 100% tuition fee waiver and a cash sum of £1,000
- living cost allowance
To be eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship, you must:
- be currently seeking asylum in the UK, or you must be a dependant, spouse or civil partner* of someone currently seeking asylum in the UK
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer on a full-time undergraduate course at Northumbria University, starting in September 2020
- be starting at level four (i.e. the first year of a full-time Undergraduate degree)
- be unable to access UK student finance (tuition fee loans and/or maintenance loans) by virtue of your immigration status
- There is a competitive selection process for this scholarship scheme. Applicants need to apply via online written application form; a selection panel will consider all eligible applications and shortlist for interview
- Those shortlisted will then be required to attend an interview in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Applicants attending an interview will be asked to provide copies of documentation relevant to your current immigration status, such as Home Office letters
- Successful applicants will be chosen by the interview panel and will be notified no later than the 31st July 2020
How to Apply
Interested candidates for Undergraduate Sanctuary Scholarship 2020/2021 at Northumbria University
Application Deadline:29th May 2020.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- Covid-19 Hardship Fund for International Students
- The Lady Eileen McDonald EU & International Student Fund