UNIPORT Courses, Cut Off Marks and Admission Requirements 2020/2021 | List Of Accredited and Available Courses Offered in the University Of Port Harcourt For the 2020/2021 Admission Exercise.
The under-listed courses are currently offered in University Of Port Harcourt. The courses are categorized according to their respective faculties for the sake of clarity. You are therefore advised to meticulously go through the list below.
However, it must be stated here that the accuracy of the below list of courses offered in University Of Port Harcourt can only be guaranteed up to the point of the publication of this post. In other words, a change might have been made to the list of courses offered in University Of Port Harcourt. Hence you are hereby advised to use the comment box below to confirm from the Admin if the course you are interested in has been added or removed from the list.
- 1 A Brief History of the University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- 2 Official List of courses offered in University Of Port Harcourt
- 3 University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Admission Requirements 2020
- 4 We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
- 5 Most Related Posts:
A Brief History of the University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
Having a brief and summarize historical background of the University of Port Harcourt will not be a bad idea. You never can tell where you might need the information. You might even be asked a couple of things about the school during your post UTME screening exercise. So continue reading if you want to know more about the University of Port Harcourt.
Founded in 1975, University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is a second-generation Federal University located in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria with over 50,000 students and a strong focus in Petroleum Engineering. Formerly known as University College, Port Harcourt, UNIPORT has been ranked amongst the top ten universities in Africa and as the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE); a UK-based source for higher education information.
Under the administration of the currScreen Shot 2016-03-04 at 14.52.42ent Vice Chancellor, Professor Nimi Briggs, UNIPORT recently reached a milestone by being the first university to train the first set of Nuclear Engineers in Nigeria. The University also won a grant from the World Bank to build up a center of excellence in oilfield chemicals. The University has been noted as one of the best institutions in Nigeria involved in the study of business ethics and indigenous entrepreneurship development.
UNIPORT is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Association of African Universities (AAU) and the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital. This great citadel of learning has a number of notable alumni, some of which include; Former President of Nigeria GCFR, Goodluck Jonathan; Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and numerous Nigerian Senators.
Official List of courses offered in University Of Port Harcourt
FACULTY OF Administration
- Department of Banking And Finance
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Accountancy/Accounting
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Hospitality And Tourism
- Department of Hospitality And Tourism Management
FACULTY of Agriculture
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Agric-Economics And Extension
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Fisheries
- Department of Forestry And Wildlife
Faculty of Arts And Humanities
- Department of Creative Arts
- Department of Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts
- Department of English Language
- Department of Fine Arts And Design
- Department of French
- Department of History And Diplomatic Studies
- Department of Languages And Linguistics
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religious And Cultural Studies
- Department of Theatre And Film Studies
Faculty of Education
- Department of Adult And Non-Formal Education
- Department of Adult Education
- Department of Education & Accountancy
- Department of Education & Computer Science
- Department of Education & Economics
- Department of Education & Mathematics
- Department of Education & Physics
- Department of Education & Religious Studies
- Department of Education & Social Science
- Department of Education And Biology
- Department of Education And Chemistry
- Department of Education And English Language
- Department of Education And French
- Department of Education And Geography/Physics
- Department of Education And Political Science
- Department of Education Arts
- Department of Education Fine Art
- Department of Education Foundations And Management
- Department of Educational / Psychology Guidance And Counseling
- Department of Human Kinetics And Health Education
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Science Education
Faculty of Engineering/Tech/Env
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical /Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Environmental Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Petroleum And Gas Engineering
Faculty of Medicine/Pharmacy/Health Sciences
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- School of Medicine And Surgery
- School of Nursing/Nursing Science
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Physiology
Faculty of Sciences
- Department of Animal And Environmental Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Computer Science And Mathematics
- Department of Computer With Statistics
- Department of Geology
- Department of Industrial Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mathematics With Computer Science
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Physics With Electronics
- Department of Plant Science And Biotechnology
- Department of Pure And Applied Mathematics
- Department of Pure And Industrial Chemistry
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
- Department of Zoology
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography And Environmental Management
- Department of Political And Administrative Studies
- Department of Sociology
Faculty Of Law
- Jurisprudence and International Law
- Commercial and Industrial law
- Public Law
- Private and Property Law
- Legal Studies
- Conflict Management
- Dispute Resolution
University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Admission Requirements 2020
For Arts Students
- All art students looking for admission into Uniport are required to score at least,
- 5 Credits in Mathematics, English, Literature in English, Government, Economics and Biology either in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council) in not more than 2 sittings and can be combined, that is, WAEC and NECO but must not be more than 2 years apart.
For Social Science and Administration Students
- The requirement is same as that for Art students, you are required to score atleast, 5 Credits in Mathematics, English, Economics, Accounting and Biology, either in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). You are to score these credit pass at not more than 2 sittings and please note that WAEC and NECO results can both be combined for admission process, However, the results should not be more than 2 years apart.
- It is also important to disclose here, that the academic institution has set it’s cut off mark to 180 JAMB score.
Requirements for Sciences and Engineering/Tech Students
Candidates must make the following results to be eligible for admission into Uniport;
- All aspirants are required to have at least, 5 Credits in Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Technical drawing (Engineering Students) either in WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council). You must make these result in not more than 2 sittings. You can combine your results, that is, WAEC and NECO, but must not be more than 2 years apart.
- The school management pegged it’s cut off mark at 180, which means for you to be eligible for the uniport post utme or screening, you must have score at least, 180 in JAMB to qualify for internal screening by the University of Port-harcourt.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about UNIPORT Courses and Requirements kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
What do you think? Was this article UNIPORT Courses and Requirements helpful and useful?
If this article on UNIPORT Courses and Requirements has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
=> FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK & TWITTER FOR LATEST UPDATES
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.