The University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital wishes to inform the general public that admission forms into the named schools below are available for Interested candidates for 2020/2021 academic sessions:
- School of Nursing (SON)
- School of Post Basic Peri Operative Nursing (SPBPON)
- School of Post Basic Critical Care Nursing (SPBCCN)
- School of Community Health Officers Training Programme, Higher Diploma Programme (SCHOTP)
- School of Health Information Management (SHIM) HND
How to Apply University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, UMTH Admission Form
- A) All Schools:
- i) Applicants:should possess five (5) credits in SSCE, WAEC, and NECOwhich must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Phyiscs, and Chemistry in not more than two (2) settings. Combination of WAEC and WAEC, NECO and NECO and WAEC and NECO are acceptable as two sittings. National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) is also acceptable in not more than two (2) sittings but cannot be combined with either WAEC or NECO.
- ii) Applicants:For School of Nursing must be between seventeen (17) and twenty (24) years of age.
iii) SPBPON and SPBCCN: In addition to (1) above.
- a) Candidates must be a registered nurse and possess a current practicing licensed by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- b) Candidates must have a minimum of two (2) years post registration experience.
- iv) SCHOTP:In addition to (1) above.
- a) Candidates must have Diploma in Community Health, with two (2) years post qualification experience. b) Community Health Extension Workers with five (5) years post qualification experience.
- v) SHIM (HND):In addition to (1) above
- a) Candidates must have National diploma certificate in health information management (HIM) with a minimum of lower credit
- b) Evidence of previous Jamb admission and completion of one year relevant work experience or an employee on a reputable health institution.
- c) Release advisory letter from employee to prospective candidate to further study will be an added advantage.
UMTH Admission Form Fees (Non Refundable)
- SON – N5,000.00
- SPBCCN – N10,000.00
- SPBPOCN – N10,000.00
- SCHOTP – 5,000.00
- SHIM (HND) – N5,000.00
DATE OF SALES AND SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
- SON – 4th May to 26th June, 2020
- SPBCCN – 4th May to 31st July, 2020
- SPBPON – 4th May to 7th August, 2020
- SCHOTP – 4th May to 13 July, 2020
- SHIM (HND) – 4th May to 30th June, 2020
All completed application forms should be returned to the Coordinators/Principal’s office not later than the dates stated above.
Completed application forms must be accompanied with:
- a) Two (2) recent passport photographs on a white background.
- b) Photocopies of a credentials.
- c) Indigene/certificate and birth certificate or declaration of age.
All enquiries should be directed to the admission’s office through their various Schools (SPBCCN):- 08062792908, (SPBPON):- 08087498606, (SCHOTP):- 080132861092, 08026988766. (SON):- 08036789805, 08021461715 or [email protected]. Candidates may also visit www.umth.org.ng for online application.
The entrance examination and interview will be conducted on dates stated below:-
- SON – 13th July, 2020
- SPBCCN – 3rd to 5th August, 2020
- SPBPON – 10th to 14th August, 2020
- SCHOTP – 20th to 24th July, 2020
- SHIM (HND) – 15th July, 2020
Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
All payment should be made into UMTH REMITA platform “UMTH SCHOOLS ACOUNT”. Candidates are to present original and photocopy of evidence of payment to the school cashier and obtain hospital receipt and use same to collect application form.
Prof. C. Tahir
Deputy CMAC (T)
For: Chief Medical Director