The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to women and men from developing countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 30 Preferred Programs spanning a wide array of development topics and for 10 Partner Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, and Japan in key areas of development, including economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. Please note the partner and preferred programs have been modified for 2020. If you are not admitted to one of these programs you are not eligible to apply for a JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2020.
After earning their degree, developing country scholars commit to return to their home country to use their new skills and contribute to their countries’ social and economic development.
Eligible Countries: World Bank Developing countries; ( Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji,Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea,Guinea-Bissau, Guyana,Haiti,Honduras, India, Indonesia,Iran, Islamic Rep,Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s D.R., Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, F. S., Moldova, Mongolia,Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St.Vincent & the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo,Tonga, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda,Ukraine,Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.)
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Climate Change and Development
- Agriculture and Development
- Urban Design (MUD)
- International Forestry
- Conflict, Statebuilding and Development
- Peace Education
- International Finance and Development
- Architectural Engineering
- Public Policy
- Data, Economics, and Development Policy
- Information Systems
- Business and Commerce & Taxation Policy and Management
- International Health,Global Disease Epidemiology and Control Concentration
- Public Economics
- Water Management and Governance
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Urban Management and Development
- Professional Studies (MPS) in Global Development
- Management of Conservation Areas
- Global Health Policy and Management
- Conflict Resolution and Coexistence
- Water Engineering and Management
- Engineering and Master of Science (Energy & Extractives)
- a monthly living stipend,
- Round-trip airfare,
- Health insurance, and
- Travel allowance.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
Eligibility Criteria for call for applications are below and these detailed eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP Preferred University Master’s Programs
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative”
How to Apply: The mode of application is online
The eligibility criteria applicants must meet the application requirements and processes, to apply Click here
Application Deadlines: April 23, 2020