SJSU Academic Calendar – The academic calendar for San Jose State University (SJSU) for the 2022-2023 academic year includes important dates and deadlines related to enrollment, holidays, add/drop periods, and other important dates. It is important for students to stay informed about registration and payment deadlines to ensure academic success.
The academic calendar provides a timeline for students to plan their academic schedule and manage their coursework, and may also include information on registration, financial aid, and other administrative processes. SJSU follows a semester system, with fall, spring, and summer semesters.
SJSU Academic Calendar: Fall Academic Session 2022-2023
Here are some important dates to note on the SJSU academic calendar for fall 2022:
- First-time repeaters enrollment begins on Thursday, July 28, 2022.
- The excess units petition is available on Monday, August 1, 2022.
- Check-in for early arrival is on August 11, 2022.
- Undergraduates can petition to repeat a course more than two times on Friday, August 12, 2022.
- SJSU move-in day for fall 2022 is from August 14-15, 2022.
- Advance registration ends on Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 is the last day to drop for a 100% refund.
- Registration closes from Wednesday, August 17-18, 2022.
- The SJSU fall 2022 start date is Friday, August 19, 2022.
- Late registration begins on Friday, August 19, 2022.
- Waitlist ends on Saturday, August 27, 2022.
- A permission number is required to add a class on Sunday, August 28, 2022.
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022 is the last day to drop classes without a “W” grade.
- The late drop petition is required on Thursday, September 1, 2022.
- Thursday, September 8, 2022 is the last day to add classes and submit an audit, credit/no-credit option request.
- The last day to submit instructor drops is Thursday, September 8, 2022.
- The late add pre-census request requirement begins on Friday, September 9, 2022.
- Friday, September 16, 2022 is the enrollment census date.
- The late add post census request is required on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
- The veteran’s day holiday is on Friday, November 11, 2022.
- The fall semester withdrawal deadline is Friday, November 11, 2022.
- Late enrollment post census ends on Friday, November 11, 2022.
- The SJSU Thanksgiving holiday is from Thursday, November 24-25, 2022.
- SJSU fall classes end on Tuesday, December 6, 2022.
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022 is the last day to complete coursework for “incomplete grades”.
- Faculty web access for grade posting opens on Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
- Final exams are from Thursday, December 8-Wednesday, December 14, 2022.
- SJSU commencement/graduation 2022 is from Thursday, December 15-Friday, December 16, 2022.
- SJSU fall grades are due on Monday, December 19, 2022.
- Grades are viewable on Tuesday, December 20, 2022.
- Winter break begins on Sunday, December 25, 2022.
- Academic standing and current semester grades are posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023.
SJSU Academic Calendar: Spring Academic Session 2023-2024
Here are some important dates to note on the SJSU academic calendar for spring 2022:
- The enrollment appointments for Spring 2023 at SJSU will be viewable on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 via MySJSU.
- The class schedule for the semester will be available on MySJSU and the SJSU Class Schedule page on the same day.
- Advance registration for the spring semester will begin on Tuesday, October 25, 2022 for new undergraduate students, and will continue until Sunday, January 23, 2023.
- The excess units petition will be available on the Forms page on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- First-time repeaters will be able to enroll on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 9 a.m.
- Continuing undergraduate students in good standing will be able to enroll in up to 19 units on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
- The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday is on Monday, January 16, 2023.
- Second or more repeaters (undergraduates) can submit a completed repeat petition on the same day.
- Advance registration will end on Sunday, January 22, 2023, and regular registration will close from Monday, January 23 to Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
- Classes for the Spring 2023 semester will start on Wednesday, January 25, 2023.
- Late registration will begin on the same day via MySJSU after 7 a.m.
- The last day to drop classes without a “W” grade will be Monday, February 6, 2023 via MySJSU, after which a Late Drop Petition will be required.
- The last day to add classes via MySJSU is Monday, February 13, 2023, which is also the last day to submit an audit or request the Credit/No Credit option. Instructor drops can also be submitted on the same day.
- Late Add Pre-Census Request will be required beginning on Tuesday, February 14, 2023, and the enrollment census date is Tuesday, February 21, 2023.
- Late Add Post Census Request will be required beginning on Wednesday, February 22, 2023.
- Spring break for the semester is from Monday, March 27 to Friday, March 31, 2023, and Cesar Chavez Day is on Friday, March 31, 2023.
- The withdrawal deadline for the spring semester is Friday, April 21, 2023, and the last day to submit a Late Enrollment Post Census is also on the same day.
- The last day of classes for the Spring 2023 semester is Monday, May 15, 2023, which is also the last day to complete coursework for “Incomplete Grades”.
Final exams will take place from Wednesday, May 17 to Tuesday, May 23, 2023, with the exception of Saturday and Sunday.
Commencement or graduation for the Spring 2023 semester will be held from Wednesday, May 24 to Friday, May 26, 2023.
Spring grades will be due from faculty on Friday, May 26, 2023 and will be viewable on Saturday, May 27, 2023 via MySJSU.
The Memorial Day holiday is on Monday, May 29, 2023.
The final deadline for grade submission is Wednesday, May 31, 2023, and instructors will have until the same day to submit incomplete grade changes.
Academic standing and spring semester grades will be posted on MySJSU and transcripts on Wednesday, June 7, 2023.