UNC Academic Calendar 2022-2023
UNC Academic Calendar – See the official University of North Carolina academic calendar, showing important dates, academic events, and deadlines.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill follows a semester system with three terms per year: Fall, Spring, and Summer. The key dates and deadlines on the UNC academic calendar for 2022-2023 are listed below.
UNC Academic Calendar: Fall Session 2022-2023
Check out the UNC academic calendar for important dates and deadlines for the Fall semester of 2022.
- First-Year Undergraduate Enrollment From June 13 to August 4, 2022, appointments are available.
- Enrollment for First Year Undergraduate students will open on Friday, August 5, 2022. For First Year Undergraduates, the maximum credit limit has been increased to 18 credits.
- The waitlist will be closed on August 7, 2022. The deadline for students to add themselves to a ConnectCarolina class waitlist has passed.
- New student waitlist additions will cease on August 7, 2022. The deadline for new students to join a class waitlist in ConnectCarolina has passed.
- On Monday, August 8, 2022, all undergraduate students will have access to Connect Carolina.
- On August 14, 2022, the UNC New Student Convocation will be held. Undergraduate students gather for convocation.
- UNC’s fall 2022 move-in date is Wednesday, August 10, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Fall 2022 semester begins on Monday, August 15, 2022. All students begin session A classes on the main campus.
- Late registration will begin on Monday, August 15, 2022. There is a late registration fee for new enrollment.
- Students can add classes to their ConnectCarolina schedule for Fall 2022 until Friday, August 19, 2022.
- Late registration will be available until Friday, August 19, 2022.
- On the UNC academic calendar, the Waitlist Purged date is Monday, August 22, 2022.
- The deadline for students or schools/departments to drop a class and reduce course load in ConnectCarolina is Friday, August 26 2022, with tuition adjusted and no record of the class.
- Undergraduate Degree Applications for December 2022 are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, August 26th, 2022.
- The official University Enrollment Reporting Date is Friday, August 26th, 2022 at 5 p.m. (Census Date).
- The Undergraduate Class Drop (On Record) Period begins on Saturday, August 27, 2022.
- The Labor Day holiday is on Monday, September 5, 2022, according to the UNC academic calendar.
- Well-being days are set for Tuesday, September 6, 2022, and Monday, September 26, 2022. These days, there are no classes.
- Graduate and professional degree applications for Fall 2022 in ConnectCarolina close on Friday, September 30, 2022.
- Undergraduate class drop is expected to end on Friday, October 7, 2022. The last day for undergraduate students to drop classes in ConnectCarolina with a withdrawal grade notation.
- Students must submit class Pass/Fail declarations by Friday, October 7, 2022.
- Graduate and Professional students have until Friday, October 7, 2022, to drop regularly scheduled ConnectCarolina classes.
- University Day is on Wednesday, October 12, 2022. From 3:20 to 4:40 p.m., there are no classes.
- The 2022 UNC Fall Break will be held from Thursday, October 20 to Friday, October 21.
- Graduate student dissertations must be submitted by November 16, 2022.
- Drop Period for Graduate Administrative Classes is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 16, 2022. Graduate students have until this date to request a drop from regularly scheduled classes.
- From Wednesday, November 23 to Friday, November 25, 2022, the University of North Carolina will be closed for Thanksgiving.
- The fall semester at UNC concludes on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.
- Graduate Students’ Absences (AB) and Incompletes (IN) from the previous Fall Semester will be changed to F* on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, according to the UNC academic calendar.
- Undergraduate academic progress reports must be submitted by November 30, 2022. The undergraduate academic progress reports on ConnectCarolina are coming to an end.
- The readings will take place on Thursday, December 1, 2022, and Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
- Friday, December 2nd, 2022 through Friday, December 9th, 2022 are exam days.
- The 2022 UNC Fall Commencement/Graduation will be held on Sunday, December 11, 2022.
- Absences (AB) and Incompletes (IN) from previous Spring and Summer sessions 2022 are converted to F* on Friday, December 9, 2022 for Undergraduate Students.
UNC Academic Calendar: Spring Session 2023-2024
Check out the UNC academic calendar for the Spring semester of 2023 for important dates and deadlines.
- Classes at UNC begin on January 9, 2023.
- The late registration deadline is January 13, 2023.
- Well-being days are set for Monday, February 13, 2023, Tuesday, February 14, 2023, and Thursday, April 6, 2023.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day is observed on Monday, January 16th, 2023 on the UNC academic calendar.
- Spring Break 2023 at the University of North Carolina will take place from Friday, March 13, 2023 to Sunday, March 19, 2023.
- On Monday, March 20th, 2023, classes will resume.
- The spring holiday is scheduled for April 7, 2023.
- UNC’s spring semester concludes on Wednesday, April 28, 2023.
- Reading days are Saturday, April 29, Wednesday, May 3, and Saturday, May 6, 2023.
- UNC exam days are Monday, May 1, Tuesday, May 2, Thursday, May 4, Friday, May 5, Monday, May 8, Tuesday, and May 9, 2023.
- On Sunday, May 14, 2023, the Spring 2023 Commencement/Graduation will take place.