Oklahoma Auto Insurance Quotes: Getting affordable car insurance in Oklahoma can be a challenging task with so many options to choose from. With dozens of insurers operating in the state, it’s important to shop around and compare quotes to find the best deal. Understanding the minimum requirements, factors that affect premiums, and tips for lowering your rates can help Oklahoma drivers obtain the right coverage at the lowest price. This comprehensive guide will provide an overview of the top insurers in Oklahoma, the state’s minimum requirements, strategies for reducing your premium, and more to help you find the most affordable auto insurance.school news portal
Factors That Affect Auto Insurance Costs in Oklahoma
Like most states, there are several factors that determine your car insurance rates in Oklahoma. Insurance companies take into account:
- Your driving record – This includes any accidents, speeding tickets, DUIs, etc. Clean driving records receive the lowest rates.
- Your age – Drivers under 25 and over 65 tend to pay higher premiums.
- Your gender – Statistically, male drivers pay more for coverage.
- Your location – If you live in a higher-risk area, you’ll pay more.
- Your credit score – Insurers use credit-based insurance scores to set rates. Better scores mean lower premiums.
- Your vehicle – Insuring luxury, sports cars, or vehicles with high theft rates costs more.
- Your coverage limits – Higher liability coverage and lower deductibles mean higher premiums.
- Your mileage – Drivers who rack up more miles have increased accident risk.
- Your marital status – Married drivers get lower rates than single drivers.
- Your usage – Using your vehicle for long commutes or business also increases your rates.
By understanding these rating factors, Oklahoma drivers can take steps to qualify for the lowest possible premiums.
Oklahoma Minimum Auto Insurance Requirements
Under state law, all motor vehicles operated in Oklahoma must carry at least the following minimum liability coverage:
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability
Drivers are required to provide proof of insurance when:
- Registering their vehicle
- Renewing their vehicle registration
- Getting their license renewed
- If requested by law enforcement after an accident or traffic stop
Failure to maintain continuous auto coverage can lead to fines, license suspension, and other penalties. Oklahoma is an “at-fault” state, meaning the driver who causes an accident is liable for damages and injuries. Without sufficient liability coverage, an at-fault driver can face severe financial consequences.Oklahoma Auto Insurance Quotes
It’s highly recommended Oklahoma motorists purchase more than just basic liability, since it would not cover damage to your own vehicle or injuries to yourself after an accident. Comprehensive and collision coverage and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can provide vital protection.
Read Also: 15 Best Insurance Companies OKC
Comparing Quotes from Top Oklahoma Auto Insurers
While state minimums provide basic liability protection, most drivers need more complete coverage. Here are some top auto insurance companies in Oklahoma and strategies for comparing quotes:
Known for clever advertising and low rates, GEICO is one of the largest insurers in Oklahoma. Drivers can get a free online quote in just minutes through their website or mobile app. GEICO offers standard coverage plus options like mechanical breakdown insurance, rideshare coverage, roadside assistance, and rental reimbursement. Policyholders can also receive discounts for things like good driving, federal or military affiliations, anti-theft devices, and more. GEICO receives positive ratings for affordable pricing and easy claims processes.
2. State Farm
Popular for auto and home bundling discounts, State Farm has a large Oklahoma customer base and over 18,000 agents nationwide. Drivers can visit a local agent or get an instant quote online 24/7. State Farm rewards safe driving with steep discounts and offers many money-saving options like student away at school and accident forgiveness. While rates may be a bit higher, State Farm is known for quality claims service and policyholder satisfaction.
Progressive Insurance utilizes innovative tools like the “Name Your Price tool” to fit policies within each customer’s budget. Drivers can compare Progressive rates and coverage in just a few minutes with their online quote tool. They also have a mobile app that monitors driving habits and offers personalized discounts for safe driving. Progressive writes coverage for high-risk drivers and has many add-ons, including custom parts coverage, rideshare insurance, and roadside assistance.
4. Farmers Insurance
Farmers’ Insurance agents throughout Oklahoma provide localized service and expertise. With over 90 years of experience, Farmers offers standard coverage plus valuable extras like new car replacement, gap insurance, and identity theft protection. Drivers can also earn Farmers Rewards points for safe driving that can be exchanged for discounts. Farmers encourage bundling policies for added savings. Rates may run higher than some competitors, but Farmers’ financial strength and claims satisfaction ratings are excellent.
Military community members can obtain some of the lowest rates in Oklahoma through USAA. Drivers must have a connection to the military, such as active duty status, prior service, or an immediate family member who served. USAA offers standard coverage types and options like roadside assistance, rideshare coverage, and accident forgiveness. Customer service and claims handling get extremely high marks at USAA. The company also refunds a portion of premiums annually as dividends to members.
6. Allstate Insurance
From local agents to their user-friendly website and app, Allstate makes getting an auto insurance quote quick and simple for Oklahoma drivers. Allstate rewards are safe driving with the “Drivewise” program, offers new car replacement coverage and has options for rideshare drivers. Rates can be higher, but the company provides a higher level of claims service. Allstate also offers homeowners and life insurance policies that can be bundled together for added discounts.
Read Also: 15 Best Maritime Attorneys in Houston, USA
7. Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual is a top choice for drivers with poor credit or accidents on record. Their policy options include roadside assistance, new car replacement, and enhanced transportation network coverage. Liberty Mutual provides helpful tools like education videos and auto tips on their website. However, customer service ratings are not as strong as some competitors. Still, Liberty Mutual offers specialized coverage for high-risk drivers in Oklahoma.
8. Shelter Insurance
This regional insurer has a significant presence in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri. Shelter agents get to know their customers and provide very personalized service. Rates can be attractive, especially when bundling auto with home or life coverage. They reward safe driving with discounts and offer useful options like car replacement coverage, rideshare gap protection, and pet injury protection. However, few discounts are offered for eco-friendly or anti-theft devices.
9. Travelers Insurance
Traveller insurance offers broad coverage and excellent financial strength. Policy options beyond basic liability include new car replacement, gap coverage, rideshare insurance and accident forgiveness. Travelers also offer modest discounts for multi-car, safe driving, and anti-theft devices. Customer and claims service ratings are mixed, but Travelers pays claims quickly. Rates are competitive, especially for drivers with accidents on record.
10. The Zebra Insurance
One of the easiest ways to compare car insurance rates in Oklahoma is to visit the comparison site theZebra.com. Drivers enter their zip code, age, vehicle, and basic info to view rates from over 30 top insurers instantly. The Zebra’s comparison tool is fast, anonymous, and finds the best deals on auto insurance in Oklahoma. Those who need coverage can purchase a policy directly online. There’s no cost or obligation to use The Zebra’s free rate comparison services.
Read Also: 15 Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Strategies for Lowering Your Oklahoma Auto Insurance Costs
While some factors that determine premiums are out of your control, there are still many ways Oklahoma drivers can save on their policy:
- Maintain excellent credit – A good credit score can significantly lower your rates. Keep credit utilization low and accounts in good standing.
- Ask about discounts – Most insurers offer savings for things like multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft devices, good student grades, and paying your bill annually.
- Raise deductibles – By accepting higher out-of-pocket costs in the event of a claim, you can reduce premiums substantially.
- Limit mileage – Driving less than 12-15k annual miles will qualify you for a low-mileage discount.
- Take a defensive driver course – Completing an approved driving safety course can earn a discount for 3 years.
- Bundle insurance policies – Combining auto with home and other policies with the same provider can yield nice bundling savings.
- Compare quotes regularly – Rates change constantly, so check for better deals whenever your policy is up for renewal.
- Maintain continuous coverage – Lapses in insurance lead to higher premiums.
- Ask about group savings – Many employers, associations, and alumni groups partner with insurers to offer discounts.
- Consider usage-based coverage – Programs like Progressive’s Snapshot track driving habits and offer significant savings for safe, low-mileage driving.
Oklahoma motorists can secure cheap car insurance quotes by taking advantage of these savings opportunities, shopping around for better rates, and optimizing coverage limits.
Read Also: UW Academic Calendar 2022-2023
With diligent comparison shopping, Oklahoma drivers can find affordable coverage options from reputable insurers. Understanding the car insurance requirements in Oklahoma, typical premium pricing factors, and discounts that may apply allows consumers to make informed decisions. Comparing personalized quotes from top insurers such as GEICO, State Farm, Allstate, and others can yield significant savings on annual premiums. Drivers should also employ proven rate-lowering techniques like bundling policies, maintaining good credit, qualifying for discounts, and comparing quotes frequently when their policy is up for renewal. While affordable rates are available, it pays to invest sufficient time evaluating different options to find the perfect balance of price and coverage. Utilizing Oklahoma’s minimum liability limits and the strategies outlined above offers the best opportunity to protect your assets while controlling your auto insurance budget.